Turkey has returned from the AsiaStar Competition, held in Tokyo, the capital city of Japan and considered to be the Packaging Oscar of Asia with 11 awards. "Turkish packaging industry is taking decisive steps to be the packaging center of Eurasia" said Zeki Sarıbekir, President of Turkish Packaging Manufacturers Association (ASD), mentioning that Turkey is capable of competing with companies in the developed countries in terms of technology, quality and product variety.
Organized by the Asia Packaging Federation (APF) annually and considered to be the Packaging Oscar of Asia, AsiaStar Competition's winners were announced following the jury meeting held in Tokyo, the capital city of Japan. 26 applications, including 13 product and 13 student project applications were made from Turkey while a total of 164 applications were made to the competition. Turkish companies who were the finalists in the Crescents and Stars of Packaging 2018 received a total of 5 awards, including 3 in the Consumer category, 1 in the Transportation category and 1 in the Eco-Packaging category in AsiaStar 2018. Young designers who won the 14th Packaging Design National Student Competition received 6 awards in the Student Category of the competition. This way Turkey won 11 awards in AsiaStar 2018.
Zeki Sarıbekir, President of Turkish Packaging Manufacturers Association (ASD) said that awards received in such international competitions are highly important for the industry, congratulating the companies and young designers who won awards in AsiaStar. Sarıbekir said that winners of Crescents and Stars of Packaging 2018 organized by ASD and projects that won the Packaging Design National Student Competition take part in international packaging competitions such as WorldStar and AsiaStar, making Turkey proud while increasing the competitive capacity of Turkish packaging industry in the global markets, and added:
"As ASD, we are working to develop the industry on both national and international scale. We aim to be in a better position in particular with regard to value added products and design. As the Turkish packaging industry, we are capable of competing against European companies in terms of technology, quality and product variety. Our achievements in the international arena move the Turkish packaging industry forward on the way to be Eurasia's packaging center".
AsiaStar 2018 Competition's Winners
- O'cup- Harman Ambalaj San. Tic.Ltd.Şti.
- Vitanella Premium Tea Tins- Teksan Teneke Kutu Amb.San. ve Tic. A.Ş.
- Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey- Teksan Teneke Kutu Amb.San. ve Tic. A.Ş.
- Pick up Tray- Mondi Tire Kutsan Kağıt ve Ambalaj Sanayi A.Ş.
- Easy To Use Shopping Bag- Netpak Ambalaj San. Tic. A.Ş.
Students Category Winners
- SliinMilk- Mehmet Ali Seven- Marmara University Deliartment of Industrial Product Design
- Tasty Cheese Cheese Packaging- Denizhan Arda- METU Deliartment of Industrial Product Design
- Pen Packaging- Denizhan Arda- METU Deliartment of Industrial Product Design
- Go-Poo- Berk Şahin- Marmara University Deliartment of Industrial Product Design
- Slihagett- Seher Naz Ayhan- Istanbul Mediliol University Deliartment of Industrial Product Design
- Suntoy- Gizem Karatas- METU Deliartment of Industrial Product Design
Turkish Packaging Manufacturers Association (ASD)