Turkey received 22 awards in WorldStar 2019, one of the most prestigious competitions in the industry organized by World Packaging Organization (WPO). With this result, Turkey is the second country that received the highest number of awards.
Total 35 countries competed in 12 categories in WorldStar 2019, which received 319 applications. The three countries with the highest number of awards were Japan with 26 awards, Turkey with 22 awards and China with 21 awards. Companies who won the awards received them at the awards ceremony taking place in Prague, the capital city of Czech Republic.
Mentioning that Turkey increased its number of awards to 22 this year whereas it was 5 the previous year, Zeki Sarıbekir, President of Turkish Packaging Manufacturers Association (ASD) highlighted that this is a significant achievement for the Turkish Packaging Industry. Zeki Sarıbekir said that stable growth will be maintained by focusing on value added production, highlighting that Turkey is a very important country for the packaging industry.
Congratulating all companies who took part in the contest and won a prize, Zeki Sarıbekir emphasized that awards from such competitions reinforce the image of Turkish Packaging Industry on a global scale.
Addressing the Crescents and Stars of Packaging competition which was held for the eighth time last year, Zeki Sarıbekir highlighted that it is the only Packaging Competition in Turkey that has competence and validity in the international arena. Stating that they initiated this competition to provide competitive strength to brand owners, designers and packaging manufacturers in the international markets, Zeki Sarıbekir said that the winners are able to take part in WorldStar and AsiaStar competitions held by WPO World Packaging Organization and APF Asia Packaging Federation.
Companies that received awards in WorldStar 2019:
- Asas Ambalaj Baski San. ve Tic. A.S. - Message Pack
- Asas Ambalaj Baski San. ve Tic. A.S - PocketLam
- Bak Ambalaj - BAK Specials Easter Package Noctiluca®
- Bayindir Ambalaj - Acoustic Box
- Bayindir Packaging Industry - Technological Box
- Beta Food Industry & Trade Inc. - Beta Tea Tera Nova Collection
- Camis Ambalaj San. A.S. - Pasabahce 12 pcs Teacup & Saucer Display
- Elif Plastik Ambalaj San. ve Tic. A.S. - Elif HyPEr
- Greiner Ambalaj - Lid with Spoon
- Harman Ambalaj San. Tic. Ltd. Sti. - O'cup Oven Cups
- Mondi Tire Kutsan Kagit ve Ambalaj San. A.S. - Pick Up Tray
- Mondi Tire Kutsan Kagit ve Ambalaj San. A.S. - Side Support
- Netpak Ambalaj San. Tic. A.S. - Easy to Use Shopping Bag
- Olmuksan International Paper - Ready to Go Fruit Box
- Özerplast Plastik - Printed Laminated PE Multipack Shrink Film
- Özler Plastik San. ve Tic. A.S. - PET Ketchup Bottle with Active Oxygen Barrier Suitable for Hot Filling
- Platin Packaging Design - Woman of Ayvalik
- Sarten Packaging Company - 5 Lt & 10 Lt Opet Adblue Jerrycan
- Sisecam A.S. - Frederik Beer Bottle
- Teksan Teneke Kutu Amb. San. ve Tic. A.S. - Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey Tin
- Teksan Teneke Kutu Amb. San. ve Tic. A.S. - Vitanella Premium Tea Tins
- Unilever - Dust-repellent & Easy-open loose Tea Foil Laminate
Turkish Packaging Manufacturers Association (ASD)